History/About Us

Sheffey Elementary School

Located in the scenic Appalachian Mountains within the foothills of eastern Wythe County, we are a graded public school serving children in grades PreK through 5th. Originally built in 1954, our school was named Robert S. Sheffey School after the Reverend Robert Sawyers Sheffey. An addition, built in 1974, allowed Sheffey Elementary School to begin serving the Ivanhoe and Piney communities. Additional space for our Title 1 program was completed in 1998. A full renovation was completed October 2014. This renovation consisted of closing open classrooms, adding a new gymnasium and community workout room. A new computer lab and additional classrooms were added, while saving the original gymnasium floor (a valuabe piece of history).

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.